When damaged muscles and inflamed joints make it hard to move, physical therapy is essential for relieving the pain and restoring your ability to get back into action.The compassionate team at Lighthouse Medical Center has extensive experience in physical therapy and chiropractic techniques that effectively support your individual health needs, whether that means returning to competitive sports or regaining the ability to fully enjoy daily life. To schedule an appointment for customized physical therapy, call the office in Pompano Beach, Florida, or use the online booking feature. We also service patients from Boca Sunrise, Plantation, Ft Lauderdale, Cooper City, West Palm Beach, Weston, Miami, and Coconut Creek
Physical Therapy Q & A
How does physical therapy help me heal?
Physical therapy is an important part of your rehabilitation following an injury or to help you keep moving despite having a degenerative joint disease, such as arthritis. The treatments you’ll receive during physical therapy get you back into the game and accelerate healing by:
- Enhancing blood flow
- Reducing inflammation and pain
- Increasing range of motion
- Strengthening muscles
- Restoring balance
- Improving body mechanics
The experienced physical therapists at Lighthouse Medical Center develop an individualized program based on your physical needs, activity goals, age, and overall health.
What health conditions benefit from physical therapy?
Your chiropractor at Lighthouse Medical Center may prescribe physical therapy to help you regain strength and recover from many types of joint disease and injuries, whether the injury is due to acute trauma, an overuse injury, or a stress fracture.
Although many soft tissue injuries benefit from physical therapy, a few of the conditions frequently treated by the team at Lighthouse Medical Center include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament tear
- Ankle fracture or sprain
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Meniscus tear
- Shin splints
- Chronic back pain
When you engage in a progressive physical therapy program, you have a better chance of regaining optimal strength and returning to the same level of performance you enjoyed before your injury.
What types of treatments are used during physical therapy?
The providers at Lighthouse Medical Center are experts in numerous physical therapy and chiropractic techniques, combining active and passive treatments to achieve the best results for each patient. Depending on your unique health condition, your treatment may include:
- Chiropractic techniques: Examples include joint mobilization, manual traction, and spinal adjustments
- Myofascial release: Specialized technique to stretch and loosen fascia and trigger points
- Active release therapy: Combines manipulation and movement to treat tight muscles and scar tissue
- Therapeutic massage: Sports massage, deep tissue massage, and Swedish massage
- Structured exercise: Exercises to improve range of motion, muscle strength, and endurance
- Movement and balance training: Exercises to improve stability, strengthen your core, and prevent falls
To schedule an appointment for physical therapy, call Lighthouse Medical Center or use the online booking feature.